Our statement of faith
- There is one true God, creator of all things, infinitely perfect in
love, and righteous in all His ways; and eternally existing in three
persons — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We hold the Bible to be the Word of God, the infallible rule for faith
and practice and our ultimate point of reference. (Hebrews 4:12).
- Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived by the
Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, and that He is the only Mediator
between God and man. He died on the Cross at Calvary as a sacrifice
for our sins. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into
heaven where at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He intercedes
for his people and rules as Lord over all.
- The work of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and,
during this age, to convict mankind of sin, re-generate the believing
sinner to confess Jesus as Lord, and indwell, guide, instruct and empower
the believer for godly living and service.
- Man was created in the image and likeness of God but fell into sin
and separation from God and is therefore lost. It is only through regeneration
by the Holy Spirit acting through the gift of the grace of God and faith
by man that salvation and spiritual life can be obtained.
- The shed blood of Jesus Christ at Calvary and his resurrection provide
the only ground for the justification and salvation for all who believe
and only such as receive Jesus Christ by faith are born of the Holy
Spirit and thus become the believer.
- God by his Word and Spirit creates his Church, calling sinners out
of the whole human race into the fellowship of Christ's body. He guides
and preserves for eternity that new, redeemed humanity, which being
formed in every culture is spiritually one with the people of God in
- The personal and immanent return of the Lord Jesus Christ is our "blessed
hope" as we await his glorious second coming. "For the Lord
Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the
archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise
first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together
with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we
ever be with the Lord:. (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17)